Automatic vehicle inspection system
- VLT is a world-wide system specialized in the field of vehicle testing, whereby Test Lanes are created for testing trucks, trailers, buses, cars and motorcycles.
- The VLT Test Lanes are designed for PTI (Periodic Technical Inspection) of large numbers of vehicles each day.
Elements of equipment in the concept of VLT’s test:
- Vehicle Identification Station.
- Sideslip (=Alignment) Tester.
- Road Contact Suspension Tester.
- Brake Tester (for motor cycles combined with clamping device).
- Boogie (=free) Rollers.
- Speedometer Tester/Taxi Meter Tester/Speed.
- Warning Device Tester/Aircon Tester.
- Chassis Dynamometer Smoke Tester.
- Noise Level Tester.
- Emission Tester for petrol engines.
- Diesel Smoke Tester for diesel engines.
- Above Carriage Inspection Panel / Tablet.
- Fully automated Headlight Beam Tester.
- Vehicle Position Monitor.
- Play Detector.
- Undercarriage Inspection Panel(s) / Tablet.
- Height Adjustable Floor Pit Lift.
- Test Result printer, Certificate Printer.
- Barrier, Traffic Light, Public Address, Closed Circuit, TV and monitor systems.
- Short testing times, thereby enabling a large throughput of vehicles.
- Objective, operator independent test results on most test items.
- Accurate measurements.
- A large set of clear user instructions is displayed, which allows the owner/ driver to stay in the vehicle.
- During the test, thus saving manpower.
- A wide selection of different test equipment for integration is available.
- Many settings, threshold values and standards can be accessed directly and edited by the user.
- The modular setup allows a complete variety of Test configurations.
- Easily upgradable by adding more test equipment items per lane.
- Easily expandable by adding more Test Lanes.
- Integration of Test Lanes on remote sites is possible.
- Link up to Government database and remote access possibilities where applicable.
How does the VLT system work?
- Has a Vehicle Tracking System, this means the System handles three or more Vehicles at the same time in one lane and keeps the data and results of each Vehicle separate.
- VLT makes use of one Single Test Lane Computer per Test Lane.
- Only one-time Vehicle Data input, mostly only registration number is all you must put in. The remaining data is retrieved from the Station Server Database.
- Unknown New Vehicles of the Database can be easily created by Menu on the Entry Console and/or on Reception.
- Pass or Fail decision is made by the Computer System, no human influence on vital inspections, like Brakes, Suspension.
- Very easy retest facilities, the VLT System knows the FAIL items of the previous inspection and commands the Vehicle straight to the selected Equipment(s). Time saving for everyone, Operator and Vehicle owner as well.
- If Vehicle fails, a full test report is printed out and gives the repair workshop all relevant information for repair and/or adjustment.
- If Vehicle PASSES, a Vehicle Fitness Certificate can be printed, or if required a Window Sticker can be produced, or even your own special system can be adopted.
VLT Applications . knows the FAIL items of the previous inspection and commands
CHASSIS DYNAMOMETER Tandem model:This model Chassis Dynamometer can test vehicles with a maximum axle weight of 14000 kg for a single axle. The combined weight of a tandem axle set can be 24000 kg.
FREE ROLLER SET:A Free roller Set is used in combination with a Brake Tester or a Speedometer Tester, for testing vehicles with driven tandem axles. A hydraulic lifting system and roller brakes are installed for easy driving in/out/over the roller sets.
ROLLER BRAKE TESTER:The Roller Brake Testers for heavy vehicles are available with all rollers at the same level, or with the rear rollers raised. All roller sets are constructed for very intensive use and minimum required maintenance.
Printer Console(s):Still the fastest way in printing of the test report and the lane end. Test reports are made fully in line with your wishes by data coming from the test lane computer. Alternative window stickers or similar items can be printed at this station.
CHASSIS DYNAMOMETER, light model:This model Chassis Dynamometer can test vehicles with a maximum axle weight of 6000 kg.
ROLLER BRAKE TESTER:This Roller Brake Tester has motor driven rollers (integrated electric motor and gearbox). This results in a very compact roller set. VLT uses the most accurate brakeforce strain gauges available on the market. The rollers are coated with an abrasive grit to emulate a road surface and last for many years.
SUSPENSION TESTER:The diagnostic options are not restricted to the contents of this specification. In addition to the usual road contact values, the following values are also measured and displayed: the contact value difference, resonance frequency and wheel weight at minimum contact value, tire pressure value, wheel weight and axle weight.
SIDESLIP TESTER:The VLT Sideslip Testers are very robust and require minimal maintenance. They can be equipped with drive-in and/or drive-out sensors to assist the automatic vehicle tracking system in the test lane. An optional rigid counter plate guarantees a correct and accurate measurement. The maximum drive-over weight of the Sideslip Tester for heavy vehicles is 10000 kg each wheel.
HEADBEAM TESTER:Our VLT CCD camera Head Beam Tester is available from fully automated to manual. But all models send their data to the Test Lane Computer. The top model controls, by using a Vehicle Position Scanner, the Vehicle position in front of the Head Beam Tester. Ask for more information on the different models.
TESTLANE ENTRY CONSOLE:The Test Lane Entry Console is the place to enter Vehicle date or select it from the Server and is the beginning of a Vehicle inspection. There is a choice of standard keyboard or a VLT membrane keyboard, both with mouse. The monitor can be standard or with Touchscreen. Above Carriage Inspection can be integrated in the Entry Console or can be set up by its own 86 keys special VLT keyboard (this still the fastest way of inspection).
LARGE OVERHEAD MONITORS 32:Each test stage has a number of large overhead monitors for displaying instructions for the driver, Real Time measurement data and test results.
SIDESLIP TESTER:The VLT Sideslip Testers are very robust and require minimal maintenance. They can be equipped with drive-in and/or drive-out sensors to assist the Automatic Vehicle Tracking System in the test lane. An optional rigid counter plate guarantees a correct and accurate measurement. The maximum drive-over weight of the Sideslip Tester for light vehicles is 5000 kg each wheel.
PLAY DETECTOR:VLT Play Detectors are operated by means of a handheld lamp with built-in remote-control unit. Different movements of the plates are available and can be selected and activated with the remote control.
CARS AND UNIVERSAL / HEAVY GOODS VEHICLE LANE WITH CDST TESTERS:-
- Entry Console for selecting from Vehicle Data of Server or creates new Vehicle. Undercarriage Visual Inspection. Play Detector (installed over inspection pit)
- Above Carriage Visual Inspection. Head Beam Tester.
- Alignment Test Suspension Test (Road Condition Test) with Protection on Heavy Lane. Roller Brake Tester (Including Applied electrical Hand brake Test at Light Lane).
- Chassis Dynamometer Light Vehicles with Option Speedometer/Taximeter Chassis Dynamometer All kind of Vehicles with Option Speedometer/Taximeter Diesel Smoke Testing on Chassis Dynamometer or Free Acceleration Test Emission Test for Petrol Driven Vehicles and Alternatively Powered.
- Printing Test Report Printing Fitness Certificate.