Driver Training Simulator
It is an established fact that driving simulators, during novice driver training, may greatly enhance safe driving: a large-scale study, performed in the US, has shown that When a good driving simulator is used, accident rate during the two-year period after getting the license, is reduced to 34% of the national average accident rate of novice drivers: simulators can definitely improve driver training and result in safer drivers. Since teen accident rates are about 5 times higher than mature drivers, the application of simulators in driver training should be seriously considered. The effects are largest when a wide field-of-view driving simulator is used with real-word image sizing, as in our ST Software systems fully manufactured in Netherlands.
- Our Driving Training Simulators offers the latest in virtual training offering a full list of benefits and driver skills
- Improve driver safety & reduce accident rates.
- Provide an overall safety score for every driver.
- Blending the real world with the virtual world, we'll provide the simulation and training solutions you need to prepare for what's ahead.
- Our driving simulators provide hands-on, experiential training for drivers, offering experience without risks to people or equipment.
- Our interactive simulation software is engineered to enhance training, and facilitate evaluation and assessment of novice, at risk, and even experienced drivers.
- Easily world driving simulation, which are designed to teach and test specific driving skills in challenging environments from urban to rural.
- We create customized traffic which prepare the drivers for road-related emergencies. It helps in building driver’s confidence before they drive on actual roads.
Driving Sim video From STS Netherlands
For police and emergency services we offer the package "driving with optical and sound signals (siren)". This consists of 4 lessons where the trainee drives to an accident. During the lesson, the trainee switches the siren on or off. The autonomous intelligent traffic detects the police car and responds to the siren, sometimes according to the prevailing traffic rules and rules involving priority vehicles, but sometimes with startle reactions or annoying behaviour. There's a lesson on a highway and three in a city environment with different levels of complexity. In addition, the simulators can be connected to allow training of teams (team-based skills).
- Important characteristics that contribute to a high training efficiency:
- Visual system with high resolution and high graphical frame rate.
- Structured training as a priority vehicle with optical and sound signals in high density traffic with realistic traffic behavior.
- Analysis of behaviour on intersections with record/replay and eventlogging by multiple raters.
- Simulators can be connected enabling team training of team-based skills.
Why Simulation Matters!
A trainer often finds it difficult to train drivers who are nervous and scared to drive on road due to reasons such as age, background or by nature. A driving scenario acts as a practice ground where he can practice without the fear of having an accident. Once the fear has vanished from his mind, he can be trained on the road. Learning on a simulator is an immersive experience which ensures quick learning. It is scientifically proven that 1 hour of training on a simulator equals 3 hours of on road driving. Apart from it 70% of the learning happens on the simulator.
Languages and countries
Our driving simulators are used all over the world. In order to maximize the effectiveness of driver training, the driver training lessons are adjusted to the local language, rules of the road and traffic system as accurately as possible. The training simulators are available in a growing list of languages and for various countries (country-specific rules of the road and road signs and language). Systems are in right hand drive (RHD) or left hand drive (LHD), automatic and manual gear. The training is adjusted to the specifics of the countries where the simulators are used.