Epsilon 135 HD Day Payload
- Epsilon 135 has state of the art onboard image processing capability. The onboard processing leads to a rock-solid target tracking performance and eliminates any communication latency issues. Its processed video reduces the data rate and requires lower bandwidth datalinks, which is of an extreme importance for modern UAVs. The video stream along with snapshots can be stored in HD quality onboard the Epsilon 135.
EPSILON 135 Details
- Ultimate stability at 30x optical zoom.
- Global shutter sensor for exceptional image clarity.
- Supreme image quality with 720p HD sensor.
- Direct Drive Stabilization. Direct drive torque motor stabilization produces stable video even at 30x optical zoom or up to 1.3° vertical field of view.
- Multiple Sensor Options. Epsilon 135 is available with multiple sensors, including global shutter HD daylight sensor.
- Electronic Video Stabilization. Electronic stabilization with roll correction, removes the high frequency jitter often found on small unmanned aircraft platforms. This significantly reduces the operator workload and allows to concentrate on the mission objective.
- Scene Steering. Epsilon 135 will automatically hold the video centered on the scene, independent of the aircraft movement, even at tele-zoom setting.
- Retraction Mechanism. Epsilon 135 is available with a lightweight retraction mechanism as well as matched vibration isolators. The retraction mechanism weight is 420 grams, with a rugged design and is suitable for high acceleration catapult launches and parachute recoveries.
- H.264 Internal Encoder. The video is encoded with H.264 compression format to support IP datalink options and to reduce datalink system bandwidth requirement.
- Non-ITAR Epsilon 135 is a non-ITAR product and is freely available worldwide
- Plug and Play Simply connect the Epsilon 135 to a power, network and serial communication cable – and its ready to use. No need for any additional time consuming integration.
- Epsilon 135 is capable of hands-free tracking of moving objects. The operator can allocate the target and zoom in, while the onboard processor will hold the target in the center of the video screen, regardless of the aircraft movement direction. This is a fundamental feature for long-range surveillance, monitoring applications and law enforcement applications. Target tracking is paramount in applications where the aircraft is moving, and when the object of interest is moving relative to the ground.
Rugged and Lightweight, Environmentally Sealed Design
- You can operate the Epsilon 135 in any conditions – IP64 rated, it has environmentally sealed construction and will protect electronics from dust and heavy rain. The one-piece composite dome design is very robust and optimized for demanding applications were the gimbal needs to handle shock and rapid accelerations. Epsilon 135 will handle routine parachute recoveries, net recoveries, belly landings and catapult launches with ease.